Sunday, October 11, 2009

This and That

It feels like a long time since I last blogged. I have obviously ignored my blogging schedule--I can't believe I couldn't even stick to it for a month. I guess I will just have to play it by ear from now on.

I've been reading a lot, and that's all that counts, right? There surely will be a post about Charles Dickens's "Hard Times" in the near future--I've been reading it and really loving it.

This month I'm planning to read Shakespeare's "Henry IV Part II" and Ben Jonson's "Volpone." I haven't read any of Jonson's works, but this one is on my study list so I'll attend to it.

Lastly, before I graduated from college I thought of how sick I was of Portland. The truth is that I was sick of my life, which consigned me to very few parts of Portland. Yesterday I went for an hour-long walk while listening to Stephen Greenblatt's "Will in the World," and fell in love with this city all over again. There are many beautiful neighborhoods, interesting shops, and some gorgeous houses in the southeast side. There is so much of Portland that I have yet to know, and I'm sure I will only love this place more once I get to know those parts. I'm planning to go on these walks regularly, while listening to some book, of course, and hopefully I will have some beautiful photographs to post

No comments: