Friday, July 3, 2009

David M. Halperin's "Saint=Foucault: Towards a Gay Hagiography"

Ever since I was first introduced to Queer Theory almost two years ago, my knowledge and understanding of the field have continued to expand, and along with it my affection. It is my most favorite field of cultural studies and literary theory, and it is a subject that I constantly hunger for and never get tired of. Currently I'm reading David M. Halperin's book about my favorite queer theorist entitled "Saint=Foucault: Towards a Gay Hagiography." It offers insights into Foucault's life and work, as well as how his works influence queer activism and communities. It also discusses how his theories can be related to other theorists' works, and how they might help us to understand sexuality and our cultures. I find it very much enjoyable, and even more enjoyable than some of the works of fiction that I have been reading recently. I'm not done with it yet, but I'm already ready to recommend it to those who are interested in queer issues. It is informative yet very readable.

No comments: