Friday, September 26, 2008

The rest of summer reading

When I started this blog, I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted it to be. I didn't want to write book reviews, I didn't want to praise or condemn any books, I just want to write about them. I guess what I find most fascinating are the things that I come across and decide to read, whether I enjoy them or not. I just think it's interesting why somebody chooses to read something, and I hope that my choices are interesting to you too.

These are the books that I read this summer which haven't been previously featured:

On Writing - a memoir about writing by Stephen King
Reckless - a play by Craig Lucas
Prelude to a Kiss - another play by Craig Lucas
Our Town - Thornton Wilder

"That's what it was to be alive. To move about in a cloud of ignorance; to go up and down trampling on the feelings of those...of those about you. To spend and waste time as though you had a million years. To be always at the mercy of one self-centered passion, or another. Now you know--that's the happy existence you wanted to go back to. Ignorance and blindness."
- Our Town

Currently I am enjoying short stories by Ray Bradbury, who truly is an amazing writer. I bought one of his collections, The Vintage Bradbury, a while back, and it is now one of the best books I own.

I read a lot of interesting short stories this summer, old and new. I might write about them in the next entry.

1 comment:

Grace said...

Yay! You've been posting! ...and I have been reading...

I read "Our Town" in 7th grade and I remember I really liked it. I should read it again sometime.

Please post about the short stories! I'm very eager to see what you read; I read two or three every week for school and I love it, and them.